Which Zennio products have logical functions?
- Actuators (all): MAXinBOX SHUTTER 8CH, MAXinBOX SHUTTER 4CH, MAXinBOX 16 Plus, MAXinBOX 16, MAXinBOX 8 Plus, MAXinBOX 8, MAXinBOX 66, MINiBOX 45, MINiBOX 25, MINiBOX Quatro, MINiBOX 20, inBOX 24, inBOX 20, ACTinBOX MAX 6, ACTinBOX QUATRO, ACTinBOX Classic Hybrid.
- Lighting: DIMinBOX DX2, DIMinBOX 2CH, Luzen Plus, Luzen One
- Clima: MAXinBOX Hospitality, MAXinBOX FANCOIL 4CH2P, MAXinBOX FANCOIL 2CH2P, MAXinBOX FC 0-10V FAN, MAXinBOX FC 0-10V VALVE, HeatingBOX 230V 8X, HeatingBOX 230V 4X, KLIC-DD, KLIC-DI Sky, ACTinBOX MAX 6 Fan Coil y ACTinBOX QUATRO Fan Coil.
- KNX Energy Saver: KES, KCI.
Can I use the same Logical Function variables in different operations?
Yes, this is possible; just have on mind that the value stored in the variable changes when executing any operation in which it is involved, and this inevitably will affect the rest of operations using this same variable.
Is the value of an internal variable retained between different calls to the logical function?
Yes, it is. The value is retained even after a power failure, and it can also be used in different logical functions.
Is it possible to enchain several logical functions to solve complex issues?
Yes, it is. If the same object is used to call several functions, they will be executed in order, and it is also possible to pass values from one function to another using the internal variables.
All my Group Address associations with the Logical Function Communication objects disappeared. What happened?
This happens in the modules of 5 logical functions, where you need to input the number of Total Data Entry objects of each type in parameters. If you need to increase those parameters of Total Data entry objects onces you have made all the Logical Function Group Address associations, you will lose those associations.
WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND to define some more additional objects than the strictly necessary in the Logical Functions, as a later redefinition involves the deletion of the possible Group Address associations already made, with the consequent loss of time when having to associate them again.
In the modules of 10 logical functions, each Data Entry is enabled independently, avoiding the lose of associations when you need a different number of Data Entry objects.
What does safe mode mean?
When a device is running in safe mode the programming LED blinks in red, meaning that the application program is halted.
How to set a device in safe mode?
To activate the safe mode, keep the programming button pressed while connecting the device into the KNX bus. This process is described in the datasheet of the device.
How to exit from safe mode?
To exit from safe mode, simply plug the KNX bus into the device but do not press the programming button this time. This way the programming LED does not blink, meaning that the application program is running (safe mode is not active).
How do a download in safe mode?
When an incidence is caused during the download, it is recommended to do a safe mode download, to ensure that the previous corrupted download doesn’t affect to this new download:
To do a download in safe mode, you should follow the next steps:
- Disconnect the device from KNX bus.
- Connect the device to KNX bus while holding down the programming button. The programming LED will start blinking indicating that the device is in safe mode.
- Once in safe mode, download the application program completely to the device.
- When the download is finished, disconnect and reconnect the device from the bus.